Covid 19 update: we are open & delivering as normal
JasonL Pty Ltd and each of its related entities (together “JasonL, we, us, our”) understand our customers’ concern about the privacy of their information when collected by us.
We are dedicated to protecting the confidentiality and security of the personal information which we collect about our customers and do so in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (including the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s)). This dedication extends to information or opinions that are collected about an individual in circumstances where their identity can reasonably be determined.
Any questions about the general privacy principles may be directed to the office of the Australian Information Commissioner whose website details are: www.oaic.gov.au.
- OPEN AND TRANSPARENT POLICIES (APP 1)
We have and will continue to take all reasonable steps to implement and maintain practices, procedures and systems to ensure that we comply with all our obligations under the Privacy Act. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about this policy or any matters arising from it.
- ANONYMITY AND PSEUDONYMITY (APP 2)
You may not wish to identify yourself or you may wish to use a pseudonym and this is an option provided that this does not make it impractical for us to deal with you.
Please Note: It will generally be impractical for you to deal with us anonymously or under a pseudonym, should you wish to enter into a contract with us. The reason for this is because your identity is a relevant factor creating a legally binding arrangement. It is material to our decision of whether or not to enter into agreements with you.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION (APP 3 & 4)
- PERSONAL INFORMATION (APP 3)
The sort of information we collect may include:-
- your name, address and other contact information.,
- details of individuals whose personal details (ie name) may appear on customised goodsl,
- personal details of your officers and employees
- SENSITIVE INFORMATION (APP 4)
We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for us to carry out the services that we offer to you, and to ensure that we comply with all laws in relation to the provision of our services.
If we need to collect Sensitive Information (such as information relating to health, disability, ethnic origin, criminal convictions, religious or political affiliation), we will only do so where it is reasonably necessary to perform our functions and will seek your express written consent in advance. Collection of such Sensitive Information is done in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION (APP 5)
JasonL collects information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information (such as an email address and personal details) by sending us a message, email, phone or in documents such as an application or claim forms;
- from third parties such as our related companies, school or club administrators, and your representatives;
- information collected and collated from publicly available sources, including search engines, websites, social media, publicly available data bases, third party sources and referees, personal contacts and industry connections;
- from our own records and from claims that you have previously made or been involved in.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. A cookie will allow a website to recognise a user’s device. A cookie will contain the name of internet location (the domain) from which the cookie has come and the lifetime of the cookie (a cookie will usually expire after a certain period of time).
Two types of cookies may be used on our website:
- Session cookies which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site; and
- Persistent cookies which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
- Session cookies
We may use session cookies:
To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
- Persistent cookie
We may use persistent cookies:
- We may use persistent cookies from time to time to help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our website and to monitor your use of our website;
- To allow us to link you to any of our Partners of Affiliates should you come to our website through a paid advert or banner on a website of an Affiliate or Partner.
Use of web beacons
Some of our web pages may contain web beacons which allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are used to track the effectiveness of a particular marketing campaign.
- WHY WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE INFORMATION (APP 6)
The information we collect depends on the products and services that you use or apply for.
- USE OF INFORMATION
We collect and use information for business purposes with respect to our products and services and other business relations involving our customers. We gather this Information by lawful and fair means without being unreasonable or intrusive. We may use this Information to:-
- identify you and to assist you to clarify any of our relevant services more easily;
- consider any application you may make and provide or change the services you require,
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- gain an understanding of your information and sporting needs in order for us to provide you with better, more personalised services that are tailored to your needs;
- manufacture the goods required, and supply to subcontractors or others who are required to assist us in delivering our services to you;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for fraud;
- research and develop our services using third party services;
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
- inform you of matters about which we believe you may have an interest;
- assist statistical, actuarial or research analysis as we consider is necessary for business purposes.
- notify you of our service offerings from time to time; and
- comply with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
When necessary and in connection with the purposes listed above, JasonL may disclose your Information to and/or receive Information from other companies within the JasonL group.
The Information collected will be used or disclosed by us for secondary purposes related to those purposes listed above, but only if you would expect us to use or disclose the Information for such secondary purpose. However, in the case of Sensitive Information the secondary purpose must be directly related to the purposes listed above.
- DIRECT MARKETING (APP 7)
By accepting our services you expressly permit us and the JasonL group of companies to use your Information for our direct marketing purposes and the purposes expressly set out in this policy. You consent to our use of your Information to issue product and professional mail outs by email, fax, social media or letters and undertaking other marketing or service based activities.
If you do not wish to receive any of these materials, please contact our Customer Service Team, whose details are at the end of this Policy, to opt out. Alternatively, all electronic communications contain an unsubscribe link which can be used to opt out.
You can change your mind about receiving materials or information about our products and services at any time by contacting us.
You may opt out of any direct marketing service at any time.
We will never sell, license, trade or provide your Information to another for direct marketing purposes.
- CROSS BORDER DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION (APP 8)
We may share your Information within the JasonL international group of companies. We may use new technologies from time to time and personal information may be stored outside Australia. We will not transfer personal Information to a recipient in a foreign country unless we have appropriate protections in place as required by the relevant privacy laws. Your Information will be stored on our data base for such period of time as required by law.
- IDENTIFIERS (APP 9)
We will use our own identifiers and not those assigned by the government unless we are required to do so, or the Australian Privacy Principles or other another law legislates us to do so.
- ACCURACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION (APP 10)
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up-to-date and complete. Please contact us if there is a change in your circumstances that requires an update to be made to our data or if you have an account with us, you may choose to modify your account details which can be accessed by logging in via the JasonL website.
- SECURITY OF DATA (APP 11)
How we protect Information
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the Information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. When Information is no longer needed we will destroy or de-identify it.
- CORRECTION AND ACCESS TO INFORMATION (APP 12)
You may request access to the Information which we hold about you and request its correction if you believe it to be incorrect. We can also correct your Information if we are satisfied that it is incorrect.
There are some circumstances where we can refuse to give access to Information. These include where given access to the Information would:
- pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of an individual or the public,
- have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others; or
- be frivolous or vexatious.
The other exceptions are detailed the Australian Privacy Principles.
If you wish to access or correct your Information, please contact JasonL at the address shown:
For security reasons, any request for details of information held by JasonL should be made in writing. You may be asked to provide proof of identify.
- MANDATORY DISCLOSURE
We will comply with all mandatory disclosures requirements under the Privacy Act
If you have a complaint regarding our management of your privacy you may access our internal dispute resolution (IDR) process by contacting us. The process will be as follows:
- Upon receipt of any such complaint, JasonL will:
- use a process that is accessible, flexible and timely and done in accordance with the principles set out in the Privacy Act;
- focus on maximising the opportunity for the complainant and JasonL to work together to achieve a successful resolution to the complaint;
- strive to identify and address any systemic issues that may arise through the lodgement of the complaint and rectify or deal with such issues to prevent their recurrence in the future.
- At first instance you should contact us requesting a resolution. The person contacted has 5 five business days to resolve your complaint and if he or she cannot do so must refer the complaint to their manager.
- The manager has a further five business days to resolve the matter. If the manager cannot resolve the matter you may ask him or her to refer it to the General Manager who may take up to 20 twenty business days to make a decision.
- You will be notified of our decision. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, we will also inform you of your right to take this matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
- You have 12 months from the date you became aware of your privacy issue to lodge your complaint with the OAIC. The contact details of the OAIC are:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 2999
Telephone: 1300 363 992